1ST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF MARITIME EDUCATORS, RESEARCHERS AND INDUSTRY PARTNERS (ICMERIP)
February 20-22, 2019
Theme: “Harmonizing MET Requirements with STCW ’78 (as amended); IAMU and Its Initiatives”
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL PRESENTATION AND CRITERIA
FOR THE BEST ORAL PRESENTER AWARD
- The paper must be presented by its author or by one of the authors in the case of group research.
- The PPT presentation should include the following contents which may be presented in a unique, creative manner and situational manner.
- Title and Authors’ Information (Author’s Name, Recent Picture, School/Company, School/Company Logo, e-Mail Address)
- Introduction (Background of the Study, Statement of the Problem/Objectives)
- Theoretical/Conceptual Framework (If applicable)
- Results and Discussion
- Acknowledgment (Optional)
- Twenty (20) minutes shall be allotted for the oral presentation.
- The Session Manager shall arrange a timing system with the following rules:
- A signal will be given at the beginning of the oral presentation.
- A warning signal will be given five minutes prior to the end of the presentation period.
- A stop signal will be given at the end of the presentation period.
- The presenter should cease talking when the stop signal is given.
- After all the papers have been presented in each cluster, an open forum shall follow during which all the presenters should be asked to sit in front and address the questions posed by the jury/audience.
- Graphic aids may be used to augment the presentation inclusive of the 20-minute overall presentation.
Criteria for the Best Oral Presenter Award
|Content and Relevance||25|
|Organization and Delivery||20|
|Correctness and Manner of Answering Questions||10|