Skip to content
GENERAL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES ON RESEARCH
- All members of the faculty are required to come up with at least one (1) research output every three years.
- There shall be a pool of editors for each unit who shall be paid accordingly to edit the research outputs. (Reference: Honoraria as editors)
- The existing procedures in conducting research shall be followed by all faculty/staff whose proposals have been approved by the Unit Research Committee.
- Research is a requirement for permanency and reclassification/ranking of faculty members. A certificate of completion will be awarded to the faculty as evidence to his/her compliance.
- A research output can be presented twice only in any of the following levels: unit/in-house, system, regional, national, or international. Any paper presented for the third time or more shall not anymore be entitled an incentive.
- For the same paper presented more than once in different fora, the Institution shall pay the higher amount only.
- Papers accepted for external presentation must be presented only by the lead author or his/her co-author.
- A research output or paper must be published in one journal only to prevent the readers/researchers from confusion in citation. This could lead to a one or concentrated source of citation only. Once published, it can no longer be published in any journal.
- The incentive given to publication must be higher than the incentive for paper presentation.