From September 6 to 8, 2023, JBLCF-Bacolod hosted the annual Research Capability Enhancement Workshop and Research Proposal Writing event, taking a proactive step to tackle the issue of delayed research submissions among faculty and volunteer staff.
The workshop, held at the MLA Conference Room of JBLCF-Bacolod, introduced a new level of personalized assistance, enabling researchers to make substantial progress on their proposals in just three days, allowing them to concentrate solely on their research tasks without the distractions of their academic responsibilities.
Distinguished in-house experts shared their expertise with the participants on the following topics:
- Dr. Emeliza T. Estimo: (1) Revisiting the Unit Research Agenda & Identifying Research Topics, (2) JBLFMU Research Template, (3) Crafting the Introduction of a Research Proposal and (4) Designing the Research Instrument
- Dr. Elisa V. Garcia: Conducting Literature Searches and Utilizing Referencing Tools in Scholarly Works
- Dr. Sylvino V. Tupas: A Comprehensive Review of Research Designs, Sampling Techniques, Instrument Validity and Reliability, and Statistical Tools
The workshops encompassed a range of crucial components which included the following:
- Crafting the Letter of Intent and Title Proposal
- Drafting a Comprehensive Review of Related Literature with Multiple Sources
- Collaboratively Developing the Rationale of the Study, Theoretical/Conceptual Framework, Statement of the Problem/Objectives of the Study, and Hypothesis
- Drafting the Methods Section of the Research Proposal
- Preparing a Draft of the Research Instrument
Remarkably, the workshop yielded twelve well-drafted research proposals within the first two days. These proposals were subsequently reviewed and critiqued on the third day, highlighting the workshop’s effectiveness in boosting research productivity and quality.
This event is a testament to JBLCF-Bacolod’s unwavering commitment to elevating research capabilities within its academic community. We express our sincere gratitude to the Engr. Roberto Neal S. Sobrejuanite, Administrator of JBLCF-Bacolod, for his inspiring message, which uplifted everyone’s motivation to persist in this challenging task.